3.9.09

a long time coming

In the whirlwind that this week has been, I haven't had much time for me or the things that ground me. I haven't had time to run (and I'm running a race in a week and a half!), I've done very little reading, and that I have done is work-related, not enough gardening (I hope it's still alive), no cooking, and of course, very little writing. I actually did write something pretty cool while sitting in Turtle Hill Park with my Creative Writing class on Tuesday, but it's not here in front of me, so I'll have to post it another day. Originally, I wanted to write something for this blog every day, even if it was just a few words, but I'm glad I didn't put pressure on myself to do that. I've been learning that most of my stress is self-induced by setting my standards and my expectations for myself too high. I'm trying to learn to celebrate what I'm able to accomplish, rather than regret or belittle myself for what I don't do. I feel that I'm making progress in this area, but still have a long way to go. Thank the Lord for my husband, who's constantly helping me see when I'm too hard on myself and reminding me of all the good and amazing things I've managed to accomplish. I know this is going to be a busy year, but I'm hoping it's not as stressful. Here's a silly little poem I just came up with. Perhaps it should be my motto this year:

Fresh stress:
Mess.
Less stress?
Yes!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha...you're such a nerd.

    need i remind you of the 50,000 word novel or whatever it was that you were going to write a few years ago? i've always loved your ambition, and that no matter how hard it is, you always went for it anyways, oblivious to the huge challenge you were setting up for yourself. don't stop doing that!

    (but yes, you are too hard on yourself!) ;)

    ReplyDelete